If you are one of those people who want to lose excess weight and maintain the body figure, you can still find foods you can eat without limitations.
The following foods are high in fiber but low in calories, so they will keep you full longer, without any threats of gaining weight. However, you should always make sure that your diet is well balanced.
Here are the 15 foods you can eat and not gain weight:
- Celery. The stems of the celery are 95% water. They assist you to drop some excess weight and detoxify your body thanks to their diuretic effect.
- Apples and plums. An apple has only 50 kcal, also it prolongs the satiety and improves the digestion. While plums are also rich in nutrients and help you maintain your heart and vessels.
- Oranges, grapefruits, and tangerines. Citrus fruits are especially beneficial as they are high in fiber, flavonoids, and vitamin C. Moreover, they improve digestion, support the health of the liver and skin, and promote weight loss.
- Eggs. The best thing about boiled eggs is that you can eat them anytime, and still not gain weight.
- Melon and watermelon. One slice of each one of these fruits has only 60 to 70 kcal, yet it detoxifies the body, removes excess fluids, and leads to satiety.
- Pineapple. The bromelain in pineapples splits fats while metabolizing proteins effectively.
- Zucchini. The average portion of zucchini is only 42 kcal. Therefore it’s great for losing extra pounds, plus it helps in the intestinal functions.
- Popcorn. Plain popcorn, without sugar or butter, only with a bit of salt, contains only 31 kcal (a portion of a cup).
- Algae. It provides healthy functioning of the thyroid by keeping the hormones at a normal level. Thus, prevents weight gain.
- Beetroot. It burns fat, encourages your muscles, and controls your blood sugar. A single portion is only 40 kcal.
- Cucumber. The cucumber is 96 percent water, it helps you burn calories and reduces bloating.
- Cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli. Abundant in nutrients rival with iodine, make sure you consume them twice a week.
- Eggplant. A single portion of eggplant free of oil contains only 24 kcal. Therefore, you can have this delicious veggie without any limitations.
- Salad. Salads are a great source of folic acid you can eat as much as you want without gaining weight. One leaf of lettuce contains just 3 kcal.
- Strawberry, cranberry. These fruits are abundant in vitamin C and have a diuretic effect as well. Strawberries are quite nutritious and promote heart health.