Quitting smoking is hard. Because 70% of smokers really want to quit, but they don’t, they can’t handle the cravings for cigarettes. Also, an interesting fact about smoking is that only 7% of smokers successfully quit on their first try. Yet, the changes that start to happen in your body, the minute you stop smoking are worth it.
Deciding to quit smoking isn’t easy, but you must see all the health benefits that will happen. However, this is only one bad habit. Here is what happens the moment you stop smoking, your body will start to change immediately, you will become stronger and more energetic, day by day.
Here is what happens the moment you stop smoking:
- After 20 minutes, your blood pressure will reduce to its normal level. This will boost proper blood flow to your hand and feet.
- Within 8 hours of finishing your last cigarette, the levels of the deadly carbon monoxide gas will reduce by half. Therefore allowing oxygen, to help clear out irritants and harmful bacteria.
- After 48 hours, you will lower the risk of having a heart attack. The body will get rid of the nicotine, and your taste and smell will improve.
- 3 days later, you will improve your breathing. Moreover, your body will be full of energy, and you will feel more relaxed.
- Between 2 weeks and 2 months, your circulation will significantly improve, you will walk much easier.
- In 3 to 9 months, you will have no more issues with coughs, congestion, and respiratory problems.
- After 1 year you will reduce your risk of a heart attack by half, and you will have the same energy as a non-smoker.
- Within 5 years you will lower the risk of having a stroke, to the point of a non-smoker.
- After 10 years you will revert the damage to your lungs. Your body would be free of all chemicals found in cigarettes, and you will lower the risk of lung cancer to that of a non-smoker.
- Finally, after 15 years of quitting, you will have an equal risk of a heart attack as those who never smoked.
All you have to do is quit now!
Remember that it’s all about our mindset. Even though you smoke, you can change into “never a smoker”. This is extremely promising, isn’t it?