Smoothies are a creamy and delicious beverage, refreshing and simple, and contains no added sugar. This rich pineapple smoothie is 100% fruit drink, which provides amazing health benefits, and will surely become one of your favorites soon.
Although the key ingredient of this smoothie is pineapple, turmeric is also extremelly nutritious, which will boost the immune system, and strengthen your health in various ways. Additionally, it relieves pain and inflammation caused by osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
According to a recent US study these are the nutritional facts for raw pineapple:
- Serving size: 1 cup chunks (165 g)
- Amount per Serving
- Protein 1g
- Calories 82 Calories from Fat 0
- Calcium 2%
- Total Fat 0g 0%
- Cholesterol 0mg 0%
- Sodium 2mg 0%
- Potassium 120mg 3%
- Vitamin C 131%
- Dietary Fiber 2g 8%
- Sugars 11g
- Vitamin A 2%
- Iron 2%
- Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Scientists consider that turmeric prevents skin diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, stomach ulcers, colitis, high cholesterol, and various other conditions.
Here is the pineapple smoothie recipe, which relieves inflammation:
- ½ teaspoon of turmeric
- ½ cup of pineapple
- 1 cup of coconut milk (rich in fiber and vitamin C, E, B1, B3, B5, and B6)
- ½ teaspoon of ginger (reduces nausea and dizziness, soothes pre-menstruation cramps, and pain due to arthritis)
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds (provides high amounts of fiber, calcium, protein, antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids)
- 1 teaspoon of maca powder (treats anemia, and boosts energy levels)
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon (lowers blood sugar levels in people with diabetes)
- 1 fresh banana (high in potassium and supports your brain, heart, nerves, and muscles)
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper (boosts the nutrient absorption of turmeric, optional)
In a blender, mix all the listed ingredients above, pour into a glass and enjoy right away!