Skin tags and warts are very irritating little blemishes that are very common, but difficult issues to be eliminated. Fortunately, they can be removed easily and painlessly with the help of hydrogen peroxide.
Warts are typically small, rough, hard growths having similar color to the rest of the body skin. There are many treatments and procedures for eliminating them however, this is one of the easiest and most effective.
Here’s how to remove warts or skin tags with hydrogen peroxide:
In order to get rid of warts and skin tags with peroxide you will need the following:
- Cotton swabs
- A nail file or pumice (for plantar warts)
- 35% food-grade hydrogen peroxide
If you are treating a plantar wart or verruca, you should file away the top layer of skin over the wart before using this method. Then, soak the cotton swab in the full-strength solution of food-grade hydrogen peroxide and rub it onto the wart or skin tag carefully.
Just make sure you don’t hit any healthy, normal skin with the peroxide, as this may sting quite a bit and will damage the healthy skin. Repeat the treatment 3 to 5 times during the day, for 1-2 weeks.
At first, the skin surrounding the wart or skin tag may become whitish in appearance. This means that the remedy is working and it’s perfectly normal. Repeat the procedure until the wart becomes black and forms into a scab and then will eventually fall off.
A wart on the sole of the foot is a also known as a plantar wart, and it can be quite painful, so you will need some more time to treat them, as they are deeper positioned into the skin.
While performing the remedy be extremely careful and remember the following:
- Do not use hydrogen peroxide to remove skin tags around the eyelids, as it can harm the eyes.
- Hydrogen peroxide 35% is very strong, so if the wart is in a sensitive area dilute it with water. On the other hand, do not use this technique at all.
- Apply it only to the direct area which is affected, avoid surrounding skin as much as possible.