Coconut oil is incredibly popular, so you probably have already heard of, or tried some of the amazing health benefits it offers. In fact, this certain oil is one of the healthiest types with more than 1,500 studies proving it.
Coconut oil is plant oil derived from the kernels, meat, and milk of the coconut palm. But what’s interesting about coconut oil is that it gives “good” HDL cholesterol a boost and doesn’t contain cholesterol, like other plant-based oils. Yet, it’s loaded with beneficial fats in fact, more than 85 percent of the fats in coconut oil are medium-chain triglycerides.
Coconut oil contains 3 unique fatty acids that are responsible for its numerous health benefits:
- Lauric acid
- Caprylic acid
- Capric acid
Therefore, coconut oil is an extremely versatile oil with a number of uses you may not be aware of. In fact, this all-natural oil doubles as an antiseptic and as an antibacterial cure that has powerful healing abilities.
Here are some of the numerous uses of coconut oil:
- Anti-dandruff. If you have a flaky or itchy scalp this oil is an excellent alternative to dandruff shampoo. Just apply it to the roots of the hair and treat dandruff.
- Hair- repair shampoo. Rubbing this oil on your scalp will moisturize your roots by hydrating them. It will disperse some through the hair to repair the damaged hairs. Rinse after half an hour.
- Lip balm. It glides on smoothly, leaves your lips moist for hours, and even provides protection from the sun.
- Eye cream. To reduce wrinkling around the eyes, just apply it around your eyes at bedtime.
- Anti-dermatitis solution. Coconut oil improves dermatitis and other skin disorders use it regularly and soothe symptoms, such as dry, itchy, and oozing skin patches.
- A body scrub. Combine a tablespoon of coconut oil with a tablespoon of ground coffee to create an amazing new body scrub.
- Frying and baking. Consuming coconut oil instead of other oils to enrich the flavor of food. The high saturated fat content makes it one of the best fats for high-heat cooking, including frying.
- Homemade mayonnaise. You can use this oil it to prepare your homemade mayo, it provides an amazing taste, plus it lowers the bad cholesterol levels drasticly.
- Prolong egg shelf life. Applying a thin layer of the product to eggshells can increase egg shelf life.
- A healthy, energy-laden smoothie. Add it to smoothies since coconut oil possesses energy-producing properties.
- Fever reduction or painkiller. Due to the strong antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, coconut oil reduces fever and eases pain.
- Improves thyroid health. Its healthy fats improve thyroid function and reduce glucose levels. On the other hand, its lauric acid promotes the HDL (“good cholesterol”) in your body.
- Fight inflammation. It has potent anti-inflammatory effects that you can easily reap. Thus, includes application to burnt skin or swelling from an insect bite.
- Bone health. Consume coconut oil so you can protect your bone health by neutralizing free radicals, which can damage bone cells.
- Treat hangovers. Its healthy saturated fats regulate dehydration and pain-inducing effects of heavy alcohol consumption.
Pregnancy and motherhood
- Breast health. During the breastfeeding phase, apply it to the nipples to prevent cracking and soothe the irritated skin.
- Stretch marks. Apply coconut oil on your stretch marks twice per day both, pre-and post-pregnancy. Since it promotes skin healing, it moisturizes the skin and provides soothing qualities.
- Baby skin protection. This natural oil is completely safe to use on babies and children. It soothes the delicate baby skin and relieves irritations and diaper rashes.
General daily uses
- Sharpening blades. Coconut oil can help maintain the sharpness of the blade while protecting them from rust.
- Shining leather. Proper, evenly distributed amounts of this oil can restore your leather shoes, bags, purses, and gloves.
- Furniture shining. Coconut oil can be used to remove stains, including spills on carpets and furniture. In addition, it gives an amazing shine to them.
- Flame ignitor. Soak a cotton ball in coconut-based oil and drop it into some wood or charcoal.
- Lubricator. Applying a small dab of the oil to the zipper may take care of a stuck zipper.
A single item has amazing benefits in your household- isn’t it amazing?