Are you struggling to lose weight and maintain a healthy diet? You may have a toxic fatty acid that blocks weight loss.
Here's how a simple “Ice Hack” speed up my fat loss and helped me restore my health, watch now.
Cucumbers are one of the most popular vegetables around the world. In fact, these low-calorie veggies contain many nutritional benefits, including hydrating properties and valuable nutrients. In addition, their refreshing taste relieves thirst and offers powerful cooling properties.
Cucumbers have green skin, pale green, and juicy flesh, and come from the same family as watermelon, along with zucchini and squashes. Cucumbers are cultivated to be eaten fresh, while pickling cucumbers are intended for the brine jar.
They have an impressive amount of water that is naturally distilled, plus their skin contains high levels of vitamin A. Cucumbers are also rich in alkaline-forming minerals which prevent disease and bacteria. Therefore, if you would like to make your body healthier, cucumbers are always a great choice.
In fact, cucumbers contain a great amount of vitamin A and C, potassium, folate, molybdenum, silica, phosphorus, manganese, sulfur, sodium, and lesser amounts of the vitamin B complex, and calcium. Moreover, this vegetable helps to prevent water retention and when applied topically, it can also reduce puffy and swollen eyes.
Here are cucumbers health benefits, that many people don’t know about:
- Cucumber can help in lowering uric acids and may prevent inflammation and conditions like gout, arthritis, and asthma.
- The juice of cucumbers is a potent diuretic that helps in the dissolution of kidney stones.
- Cucumber juice is rich in alkaline minerals that promote the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Cucumbers contain a high amount of potassium, which can help lower blood pressure.
- It supplies the necessary electrolytes and restores hydration of the body which fights water retention.
- The excellent source of silica contributes to the proper construction of connective tissues in the body including the bones, muscles, cartilage, ligaments, and tendons.
- Drinking cucumber juice on a hot day wonderfully helps to normalize body temperature.
- Cucumber slices can be placed on the eyes for 10 minutes, in order to reduce the puffiness.
- The high amount of vitamin C and anti-oxidants in cucumber helps in the treatment of skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis, acne, etc.
- Cucumber juice is rich in sulfur and silicon, therefore it’s especially helpful in promoting hair growth.
Keep in mind that you should always consume organic cucumbers. On the other hand, make sure to peel their skin before consumption. Also, if you want to retain the freshness of the cucumber, you should keep it in your fridge. Otherwise, if it was sliced, wrap it in an air-tight container in your fridge.