Ginger is an ancient wonder plant, that is widely used due to its numerous health benefits. Also, it have the status of a “natural medicine chest” in ancient Ayurvedic medicine.
Ginger is a common ingredient in the Indian cuisine, because it gives potent cold and flu remedies. Also, it improves digestion and support a healthy gut. In India, is popular to soak matchsticks of fresh ginger in lemon juice and salt, and add as a spice to various of dishes.
Here are some ginger health benefits:
- Eat ginger before meals to provoke appetite and activate your digestive juices
- It is effective treatment for stomach pain and soothes cramps
- Ginger helps to reduce flatulence
- It treats treat a variety of gastrointestinal ailments such as nausea
- Improves the assimilation of essential nutrients in your body
- Its anti-inflammatory properties relieves joint and muscle pain
- Ginger helps alleviate the pressure and pain of sinus symptoms
- Chewing it, helps to reduce post-operation nausea
- Adding a gingery punch to a bowl of soup gives aphrodisiac properties
- Make some ginger tea and relieve throat and nose congestion
Here we recommend 3 delicious options where you can eat ginger:
- Homemade ginger tea
At first wash, peel and grate the ginger root. Then, place it in 1 quart of water, and bring to the boil. You can add some lemon juice and poor the ginger tea in a glass. Additionally, you can add ice or a sweetener of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
- Sweet ginger dessert
The right amount of ginger, it brightens up the dishes and enrich their taste. Ginger is the perfect combination of sweet and spicy, and always kicks up any dessert recipe.
- Spicy Fragrant Ginger Rice
Cook spicy fragrant ginger rice, by combining ginger, green chilies, fresh cilantro leaves and chopped garlic. Thus, will burst the flavor, and you will taste the traditional basmati rice.