Chronic dehydration can create dangerous side effects and have long-term implications for your health and organs. In fact, it can lead to blood flow resistance, high blood pressure, skin issues, and an increased risk of type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cancer.
Therefore, the following homemade turmeric and ginger tea is a delicious and refreshing way to keep your body hydrated. In addition, it helps to maintain healthy blood pressure, increase blood flow to the heart and brain, and improve overall health.
In fact, ginger is taxonomically known as Zingiber officinale, while turmeric bears the scientific name Curcuma longa. Their combination is one of the best solutions for healthy stimulation. The various phytochemicals contained in them interact very well together and produce an overall and all-rounder effect of ease, comfort, and wellbeing.
Health benefits of turmeric & ginger tea:
- Promotes heart health and lowers cholesterol levels
- Increases focus and boost the overall activity of the brain
- The anti-inflammatory properties of these ingredients relax sore muscles and joints and decrease pain
- Helps with regulating blood sugar, blood pressure, and supports the immune system
- The tea is beneficial for weight loss as well
This anti-inflammatory tea can be prepared within 5 minutes and contains only 5 ingredients.
Here’s how to prepare homemade tea to prevent heart disease, lowers cholesterol, and more:
- 4 tsp dried ginger (or two inches fresh ginger root)
- 4 tsp dried organic turmeric
- ¾ tsp black pepper
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup & 3 cups of water (1 cup for steeping, 3 for dilution)
At first, add water to a pan and bring it to a boil. Then, add turmeric, ginger, and black pepper. Now reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes, and turn off the heat.
Sweeten with honey if you wish. Cover the saucepan and let it steep for 1 hour. Then, strain the mixture using cheesecloth. You can now add the 3 cups of water and store it in a jar in the refrigerator.